Cybersecurity is becoming increasingly critical to organizations. However, there is also a growing skills gap which is causing a need for more qualified cybersecurity professionals. Many companies need help finding IT talent, especially cybersecurity talent. The cost of hiring such staff is often out of reach for MSPs, making the situation even more challenging. Luckily, talent acquisition from RedQor can help to address this issue.
What is talent acquisition?
Talent acquisition is the process of finding and acquiring top-notch employees to meet an organization’s needs. Think of it as the ultimate recruitment strategy, where talent acquisition specialists work their magic to source, attract, and hire the best of the best for critical positions.
A talent acquisition partner is a company that specializes in finding qualified candidates for other organizations. They’re like matchmakers for the job market, bringing together employers and top talent. And a talent acquisition strategy? That’s an organization’s plan to acquire the right talent to achieve its goals.
So, whether you’re looking to hire top talent or you’re a job seeker looking for your dream role, talent acquisition is the process that makes it all happen.
Why does the cybersecurity skills gap exist?
The cybersecurity skills gap exists because of a few factors:
- The demand for cybersecurity professionals is growing much faster than the supply of qualified candidates.
- The skills required to work in cybersecurity constantly evolve, making it challenging for organizations to keep up.
- Many organizations need help finding the budget to hire cybersecurity professionals.
Staffing a Security Operations Center (SOC) can be particularly challenging for MSPs. SOC analysts require specialized skills, including threat detection and incident response, and are in high demand. MSPs may need help finding and retaining these skilled professionals, leading to gaps in their cybersecurity defenses. That’s where RedQor’s SOC staffing services can help. RedQor’s talent acquisition specialists can find and hire SOC analysts to fill critical positions in an MSP’s security team.
Further Reading: The Cybersecurity Skills Gap Report
How can talent acquisition from RedQor help?
MSPs and MSSPs often struggle to find and hire skilled cybersecurity professionals, and the cost of hiring such staff can be prohibitive. But with talent acquisition from RedQor, MSPs/MSSPs can quickly and easily fill cybersecurity skills gaps without breaking the bank. Our ‘Build your own team’ model eliminates skills gaps and capacity issues by providing remote virtual staffing solutions. Sourcing specialists can provide top IT, cybersecurity, and software development talent on a long-term or project-by-project basis, acting as an extension of your existing team.
With RedQor’s cybersecurity professionals on board, MSPs/MSSPs can stay ahead of the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape. Our professionals work remotely but become dedicated staff for MSPs/MSSPs, working closely with the internal team to deliver enhanced cybersecurity packages to customers. Managing RedQor resources is similar to managing a hybrid remote working team, making it easy for MSPs/MSSPs to integrate our professionals into their existing teams. With RedQor’s talent acquisition, MSPs/MSSPs can scale faster, better, and for less.
Will staff augmentation suffice?
In addition to talent acquisition, staff augmentation is another solution to help MSPs/MSSPs fill their cybersecurity skills gaps. Staff augmentation involves bringing in external resources to work alongside the internal team on a temporary or contract basis. Staff augmentation can be an effective solution for organizations that need to ramp up quickly or need specialized skills not available internally.
By augmenting their teams with external resources, MSPs/MSSPs can ensure they have the expertise they need to address their cybersecurity needs without incurring the costs of hiring full-time employees. However, managing external resources can be challenging, so many organizations prefer to work with partners like RedQor, who can offer both staffing options.
We need to understand the differences between the two and where the benefits of each lie.
- Talent acquisition can provide skilled professionals to organizations quickly and cost-effectively.
- Acquisition specialists can handle hiring, freeing up internal resources to focus on other tasks.
- It can help organizations find the right people with the right skills and experience to meet their needs.
- Additionally, it can provide access to a broad talent pool, including individuals who may not be available to the organization.
- Talent acquisition requires the organization to manage and integrate external resources into its teams.
- Talent acquisition may not be the best solution for companies that need to ramp up quickly or have short-term needs. New hires may have a learning curve, which can delay productivity.
- Staff augmentation can provide organizations with specialized skills they may need to gain internally.
- It can help organizations ramp up quickly and fill critical positions.
- Augmentation can provide cost savings compared to hiring full-time employees.
- It can help maintain a lean team without sacrificing capabilities.
- Managing external resources can be challenging and time-consuming.
- There may be better solutions for organizations with long-term needs than staff augmentation. Staff augmentation may provide a different commitment and loyalty than full-time employees.
- It may provide full-time employees with a different collaboration and cultural fit.
Overall, talent acquisition and staff augmentation can be effective solutions for organizations needing to fill their cybersecurity skills gaps. The choice between the two depends on the organization’s specific needs, budget, and goals.
Organizations that want to minimize their involvement in the hiring and management process may prefer talent acquisition. In contrast, organizations that need to scale up quickly or have short-term needs may choose staff augmentation.
Filling the gap
In conclusion, cybersecurity staffing for MSPs/MSSPs continues to be challenging. While talent acquisition and staff augmentation are effective solutions for addressing this challenge, talent acquisition from RedQor in particular, can offer a quick, easy, and cost-effective way to fill cybersecurity skills gaps.
RedQor’s talent acquisition specialists can handle the hiring process, providing organizations with the skilled professionals they need to meet their specific needs. Additionally, RedQor’s resources can become part of the internal team, providing seamless integration into existing workflows. While staff augmentation can also be effective, managing external resources can be challenging, making talent acquisition a more turnkey solution.
By partnering with RedQor, organizations can ensure they have the cybersecurity expertise to protect their clients without breaking the bank. Book a time to talk today to learn more about RedQor’s talent acquisition services and how they can help your organization fill its cybersecurity skills gaps.